Native to Asia and Africa, the moringa tree (commonly known as 'The Miracle Tree') has long been prized for its medicinal properties. For centuries it has been used to improve nutrition in infants and breastfeeding mothers. Moringa has been scientifically proven to increase breast milk supply.
Considered one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world, moringa leaves are rich in 5 essential vitamins & minerals including iron, calcium, vitamins A, E & K. It is also a complete source of plant protein with all 9 essential amino acids, high in fiber and rich in antioxidants. Moringa leaves are a natural galactagogue - a substance that promotes or increases the flow of a mother's milk. It has been used since ancient times to boost breast milk supply as well as providing a source of nourishment for babies and mums alike.
BENEFITS FOR MOTHER AND INFANT
- Stimulates breast milk production
- Increases milk volume within 2-3 days. Most mothers will see an increase within 2-3 days of taking fenugreek capsules as a supplement to their diet.
- Fortifies mother’s milk with added Vitamins C, A, B1, B2, B3, D, calcium, and iron.
- Safe and non-toxic. FDA included fenugreek on its list of herbs generally considered safe. All parts of this plant are believed to be safe. It is thought to be safe for both mother and infant, but has not been studied in a controlled manner like other drugs.
- Other benefits of fenugreek: In other countries, fenugreek is thought to relieve infant colic, ease digestive disorders, calm nerves, and relieve depression. It can also help improve the mother’s milk “let down” reflex by calming nervous tension from stress, anxiousness, and fatigue (not proven by scientific studies). Research studies have shown improvements in anemia by increasing red blood cell production and have also shown a reduction of cholesterol.